Sunday, November 13, 2011

Impressed?

During a conversation with Zoey (Grand-daughter) I mentioned the students at Holy Rosary giving a thousand pounds of Trick or Treat candy to St. James for Soup Kitchen Etc.
For some reason I thought she would  be impressed.

Her comment.."I thought Halloween was the one day poor kids could get something to eat."

Although I am impressed with the project at Holy Rosary...part of me agrees with Zoey.

(Just to clarify things. Zoey is very generous. Several years ago she went on her own and  raised  money for Heifer Foundation. If you are not familiar with Heifer..they help Third World countries...give them a goat to raise etc.)

Just let her keep her candy day!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering what she was talking about when she made that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was very funny.

    Let's stop parochial guilt while we have the chance. Save Halloween.

    ReplyDelete