Monday, July 16, 2012

Olumpic Peninsula

Had a great week on the Olympic Peninsula.  I have plans for my photos. For some reason, I started taking photos of dogs. I'm going to do a "Best in Show"  I'll get around to it later in the week.
Other photos of note include the scenery at Cape Flattery. It is the Northwestern most point of the lower 48 and is a vision for the eyes.
The Sol Duc Falls are lovely as is Franklin Falls.
We enjoyed being awakened by the electrical storm. Inside our motor-home every noise is magnified. It was both scary and exciting.
Hurricane Ridge is our favorite. We drove up there several times in different types of weather.
The deer we saw were more rugged, or is it ragged, than those who visit our yard..still  beautiful creatures.
I saw a hare and spotted an eagle at Cape Flattery. Other than that not much excitement in the wild animal dept.  In past years we have seen marmot, several bear and a herd of elk.

We had a nice visit with our beautiful ( inside & out) niece Claudia. She lives in a lovely home in Port Angeles. From her upstairs windows she has views of water and Olympics.

It is always good to be home...so we can plan our next trip.

Here we go..."Best in Show" winners.
 Most huggable!
 The "Protector"
Easiet upkeep!
 Happiest!
Sweetest Couple
                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to the pictures. I love seeing marmots and picas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the way cute doggies! At first I was reading the labels for the picture below instead of above, and I didn't quite understand. that protector didn't look very huggable. Very apt prizes.

    ReplyDelete