Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hurricane Ridge

One of our favorite places to visit is Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic Peninsula.
We usually camp at Heart O' the Hills campground near Port Angeles.
We try to work in a visit with our niece, Claudia who lives in Port Angeles. Just a few steps from one side of the upstairs of her home, to the other, you enjoy a view of Olympic Mountain Range or Strait of Juan De Fuca.

As Joe and I were on our daily walk, my legs ached a little from a slight incline. I want to do Hurricane Hill.  I have done it before and I want to try again. This time we'll use our poles.  The view from the top is fantastic.  If I make it, you will hear about it and I'll share photos.

This year our son, Joe & his wife Debbie will be with us. Hopefully, this will give me added incentive.

Will get back to you on this!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love going to Hurricane Ridge, but usually when we go, there is car trouble. Or fog. Or snow. Or mean mountain goats. But I love it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meagan's Dad had a friend that was killed by a goat a few years ago. We have never had any trouble with them. we don't agitate them & keep our distance.
    The Ranger has orders now to throw rocks to keep them away from the hill. they seem to stay on their own mountain.

    ReplyDelete