Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Birthday of Joe cont. The Tradition of Forgetfulness

Yesterday was 100% successful as for those who attended, about 95% successful for food preparation.
It is a tradition that I forget to serve at least one item of food. This time I forgot to put out the sliced apples, appetizers (this was intentional memory lapse)  and gluten-free bread.( sorry James & Liz)

The day went well.  Gerald (Joey) baked a loaf of delicious bread. He is getting to be a chef extraordinaire.    No one was supposed to bring anything but I love when they disobey!
The first people who arrived were treated to a sighting of a deer family. Lots of photos.

I tried something new. I concocted a gluten -free chowder, I placed bowl of baby clams, one  filled with corn and one with cut up bacon. Each person chose their own additions to the potato chowder.
My pot of beans was pretty much untouched. No one believes my story that since the beans are cooked with fennel seed they will not give you gas,
My stuffed red peppers were popular, also salads, roasted veggies, fruit and of course, the deserts.

Our morning continued with the family of deer resting in the back yard.  I just checked and they are now munching on weeds.


        
                                                   Gluten-free Pesto
                                                  Marinated veggies with  Greek yogurt
                                                  Bread baked by Gerald Mackenzie

                                                           Kale and mixed greens salad
                                          Sesame asparagus dish (gluten free soy sauce)


                                        Deb  tosses a fantastic salad

                                                  Pulled pork by Chinh 

                                      My delicious, nutritious beans that no one tried!


Tomato/basil/ cheese
 

4 comments:

  1. I ate your beans, you just couldn't tell because the pot was gigantic!
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better. Loved the photo of the newly empty nesters. Look so happy!

      Delete
  2. I am not really a bean fan, and it isn't because of potential flatulence. I just don't care for beans. I bet yours would have been the exception though. Everything looks scrumptious! And pretty as well. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beans. Kidney beans not my favorite. Love black and cannellini the best. Joe & I will have beans and rice many times. Thank God for the freezer
    .

    ReplyDelete