Thursday, October 8, 2015

More on MacKenzie Acres

James and Meagan were here for a few very productive hours helping shape up our place.
They cleaned all the moss and leaves from our roof.
That was a great accomplishment in it self but they moved on to Project dump truck. project.
The dump truck  that we need to move, is now free of several trees that had fallen alongside.
Meagan pointed out that another tree was actually growing from the bumper of the truck. I think it will stay when we pull the truck on to our property. Nature fascinates me!

Another project was cutting down the Mission fig tree that was dead as a doornail.
As James began to saw the branches I said, " It is beginning to look like a sculpture. We should leave it up. James, Meagan and I agreed and waited for Joe to come out to check out the tree. He was in agreement and James went to work to improve the sculpture.  He suggested we hang some bird houses on the branches. I scoured the property and found several. James attached them to the branches. We need one more item on a naked branch. Maybe bamboo chimes.
It is so charming. I wish I could see it from the kitchen window but it is in the field.





P.S. Coyote in the yard this morning. I just happened to catch a glimpse of it going around the trees.
I told Joe to look out but it was gone in a moment tearing down the trail Meagan improved last summer. 

6 comments:

  1. That tree looks so adorable, and I'm glad you did NOT take James' suggestion for the final ornament! We had a wonderful time. I wish we'd taken a before and after pic of the roof. Next time we come up, I'll bring the new saw I just got yesterday and find some stuff to cut. (whether it needs it or not). Plus I want to finish clearing the trail all the way around. And anything you actually want done of course. :)
    Love you guys!! Meagan & James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave the dead rabbit a more suitable resting place!
      Thanks again. I wish I'd taken a photo of roof also but I remember it was green and now it's brown.

      Delete
  2. You sure are lucky to have Anonymous and James. She is a handy woman. the sculpture is indeed unique and adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a few more things to the tree. Will post later.
    Meagan is amazing. She reminded me that I was not happy when they decided to get married as I felt they were too young. Love to be wrong when it turns our right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww . . . thanks! You're pretty amazing yourselves. Turns out I was the lucky one to join such a wonderful family, not to mention getting a smart, handsome, funny, talented, loyal, & supportive husband. Can't wait to see what projects you dig up for us next!

      Delete
  4. Great comment! I must check them more often. I'm a year or so late.

    ReplyDelete