Friday, July 1, 2016

Mixed Emotions

Yesterday was certainly a day to remember. I attended the service for my dear friend John Burton who left this earth at the age of 52. John was a joy to know and love. Such a crazy sense of humor that was similar to my own ( He was a little naughtier) The service was beautiful and you could definitely feel the love.
The choir consisted of present and former choir members and friends. It was a fine tribute to John.
I chose to sing from the assembly as I wanted no distractions. I also wanted to sing my best for John.
So I just belted out every note. ( I  didn't sit too close to the ears of anyone else.)

I didn't stay for the reception as I needed some time to collect my thoughts and get ready for a great experience.
Zoe takes vocal lessons from a great jazz singer.  She was chosen to sing at the Jazz Club to give her a chance to sing with a great jazz band.  Zoe did not disappoint.  Vocals were great, stage presence awesome and she is funny. Zoe is a natural and it will be interesting to see what she does with her unique talent.
It was great seeing quite a few family members as well.
Liz was nice enough to pick me up and James and Meagan took me home.

James and Meagan stopped for a bit to say hello to Joe. I decide to open the blinds  to look outside and watch the birds.
Shortly after  that ,James spotted a buck and doe in the back yard. The buck is a rare sight  and was a magnificent creature.

Maybe the spirit of John Burton has found a new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment