Sunday, January 17, 2021

The mystery of nature

 No deer have been around for quite some time. I was very excited when a buck stopped and visited the back yard, Later in the day Mike spotted it laying in the woods. I was unable to see it even with binoculars.

Next day the buck returned and slowly the entire family were in the yard. They ate some Oregon grape leaves and other weeds. Then the buck came closer and seemed to be staring at me begging for food.

I had some apples I was going to toss and threw out 4. The deer ate them in one bite so I tossed a few more etc. When I stopped tossing, the buck came closer and stared at me.

I decided to stop and they began munching on grass, leaves and unidentified weeds.

It was so great to see them together. Usually it is the doe and fawns but seldom is the buck with them, He usually is alone. 

It makes me wonder where they stay? Is there a pattern to where they travel?

Wish I knew but it is fun to view then if only for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment