Sunday, November 21, 2010

Enjoying our Grandchildren and Feeding the Choristers

We had fun three days in a row. I'm not sure I can handle it.

Friday we drove to Olympia to have a delicious dinner with family before driving to Tumwater High School to see a performance of "Little Women". Our Grandson Ian played the part of the Mr. Brooke. It was very entertaining. Mr. Brooke falls in love with Meg and a sweet kiss ensues. They get married and  have twins so I felt like a Great-grandmother for an hour or so. It was wonderful and no work involved.


Saturday we braved the elements and attended our Granddaughters soccer game. Sami is a very good soccer player and seems to get better each time we see her. It was extremely cold and Joe was headed for the truck when he saw our Grandson Alex and his mother Kelley. It was great to see them and visiting with them kept us warm.  Alex and Sami will be attending Kennedy Catholic High School. It was a difficult decision made easier by the price of tuition.
Our son John has coached the girls soccer team for 10 years.  He  does a great job without going completely crazy. There are coaches who go a little nutty.  I've witnessed a few.

They won the game and we arrived home without frostbite. It was too cold to take off our gloves to take a photo. They won district championship on Sunday. More games?


Today Joe helped me set up the treats for St. James Choir. It was fun.  Gloria was my partner and that's always interesting. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and that makes it all worthwhile.
The most noticeable objects in the photo are the boxes hiding under the table.

Music was great today. I always enjoy being part of our extraordinary choir, but today was special.  I felt we were helping an artist paint a masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. The choir treats were fabulous. I stuffed myself so, that I didn't need to eat again all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we stuffed you. Does that work like taxidermy? You'll live forever?

    ReplyDelete