Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surprise!

Wednesday I received a phone call from the son of a pen pal I had over fifty years ago.
A catholic magazine called Extension asked people to write to servicemen. I wrote to a few and most didn't respond for any length of time but one fellow wrote to me for several years. It was mostly nonsense on my part. My letters were about attending music classes at S.U. working at the Pike Place Market etc. Nothing serious. He had my handwriting analyzed and decided I was an intellectual scatterbrain.
I received a post card this week with his phone number and address.  I won't phone him but would like to hear how he and his family are doing.  It will be interesting. His first wife passed away quite a few years ago and he remarried. At this time we quit sending our annual Christmas card.

Thanksgiving was fun with our family at Elizabeth, John and Zoe's home. It was also our anniversary so it was twice as much fun.

It was good to get back to choir today. The music was beautiful. Howard was especially good.

Our neighbors Chin, Michele and Kenny were planning on stopping by for lunch. Zoe and Liz also stopped by as Zoe is doing some artwork for us.  Liz and Michele seem to get along well. They are certainly closer to the same age. Kenny was a good kid and played a piece on the piano. He is an excellent pianist.

We finally figured out how to handle the parking problem for  the installation of the new Archbishop. Joe will drop me off at church and June and Roger will bring me home and stay for dinner.

So I can stop thinking about parking and concentrate on  what to feed June and Roger

I'll post some photos later..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you worked that out nicely. June and Roger are the winners. Exciting about the old penpal.

    ReplyDelete