Saturday, March 26, 2011

IHS Alumnae Luncheon


As I sat at a table for eight with seven empty chairs I wondered," What am I  doing here."?
 Was the class of 25 students I remember just a dream?   Was I home schooled?

 Two women sat down at the table. I tried to start a conversation, one said nothing, while the other muttered a few words.
Soon they found a table with friends.  I was happy

After sitting solo for quite some time, demonstrating a ridiculous smile,  the chairs were no longer empty.  Several  women sat down and brought me into their conversation.

Will I attend again next year?  Good question. I'll answer it next year.

Photos....the woman in the center received my vote for the most stylish outfit.
              the women on each side( sat at my table) receive the "nicest" vote.

Photo #2  My vote for the" sweetest".   She sat next to her walker and smiled.

Photo # 3 was the table decor given to the oldest at each table...I was the youngest in my class but oldest at the table, so I 'm enjoying the tulips.

 Alumnae traveled from as far away as New Zealand.  Alaska, Florida, Arizona were also represented.
The closest still lived in the neighborhood.

Our class was represented by one person..... me

 The class of '38 had two alumnae in attendance.

3 comments:

  1. I may have to start commenting on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post earlier. Was this Immaculate High School? My Aunt Pauline went there, and always goes to the luncheon, but she is in Hawaii just now. I bet your table was the best, because you are the nicest, and also most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course. You are always correct!

    ReplyDelete