Friday, May 20, 2011

The Bearded Lady

Yesterday our choir was part of a performance by Degenerate Art Ensemble.  It went well.  Last week it sounded as if we were singing a canon. This week tempo was fine, weather was great.
I was told by one of our soloists that I should be proud to be a part of a performance by an Art Ensemble.
I thought about it and decided he was correct.  I enjoyed our part. It was fun. I was happy all the way home.


Then it happened..For some reason I looked in the mirror and noticed I had forgotten to rid my face of facial hairs that appear when you age.  We performed outdoors. You know what that means. Every flaw is accentuated.

It reminds me of the time Joe & I stopped in a small town and visited a Fair. We  looked at  rugs an elderly woman created out of plastic bags. It was actually rather clever. She was living in a camper and seemed very happy.  She was completely oblivious to the fact that her chin was covered with long hairs.


Am I that woman?

2 comments:

  1. When we lived in Ireland, the nuns, even young ones, frequently had beards. It was fascinating. I have never noticed that you had a single hair. Rachael used to keep me up to date on my whisker problem, but now....... I will depend on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Maybe I should move to Ireland and join the nuns.

    ReplyDelete