Monday, September 26, 2011

Changes in Liturgy

During his homily Father Ryan talked about the greatness of the liturgy at St. James. He then suggested ways to improve it, one of them being "Don't leave after communion."  Oh dear, guess who had to leave early.
As I was leaving I passed the Sacristan and said, "Not a good day to be leaving early."  he laughed and said " I'm telling Father Ryan."
Our name card in the music room has a prayer printed on it. The words are the same as the one I learned in grade school. I wasn't positive so I opened my cedar chest and found the first communion prayer books that Joe and I used as children. I attended St. Anthony School in Renton. Joe attended St. Dorothy School in Chicago.
Both books had the prayer with the "new" words. Interesting.

Father Ed White, pastor at St. Stephen the Martyr talked about changes as well.
"How many Catholics does it take to change a light bulb?    Change?  Change?


"

1 comment:

  1. I remember them too (the old words.) We are such fogies. I don't have my First Communion prayer book, but I have my mother's. Wonder how that happened.

    ReplyDelete