Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Arlene...Arlene..Arlene..Arlene (to the tune of Jolene)

I was looking forward to the Kennedy/Highline soccer game last night for several reasons.
Joe and I would see our family, and maybe have a visit with my first cousin Arlene.
Arlene attends all the games that include her Grandchildren. Her Grandchild, Sierra, plays for Highline.
Our Sami plays for Kennedy...Grandchild versus Grandchild.
 Joe and I don't take these games seriously...we learned our lesson while raising five sons.
We talked to Tim ( Arlene's son) and asked if his mom would be at the game. He told us that she was here,
but wouldn't enter the stadium as she was upset with the young man collecting the tickets at the gate!

The young man definitely had an attitude. When I noticed the no re-entry sign, I asked,
 " What if you need something from your car?" He quickly answered, " Get it now!"

John and Kelley (Sami's parents) arrived and said they think they saw Arlene. Then Kelley's friend, Kelley,
asked if Arlene was the women sitting outside the fence watching the game. Oh my God!
It was an interesting night. We had a nice visit with Kelly & John, saw a close game that Kennedy won, and Sami got to meet her cousin. Sierra is a a very nice young woman and they seemed to enjoy meeting each other.  Alex (Sami's twin brother) was already out the gate. We tried to get him to go back and meet his cousin, but being shy he avoided the opportunity. When I realized it was hopeless I added, but Alex, she is really nice and you are distant cousins, so you could marry her if you wanted. At least we had a good laugh.

When I arived home the phone was ringing. It was Arlene explaining to me why she stood her ground and refused to enter the stadium. The gate-man (gate-boy) was drunk with authority and wanted her to pay even though she had a season pass.
  When her son said MacKenzie's are here, she thought he meant a girl named MacKenzie.Arlene said if she knew it was us she would have paid the extra $2.
 We had a good laugh and decided she was a little crazy but not certifiable.

I've heard of hugging a tree for a good cause, but a chain link fence?


2 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound crazy at all! More like standing ones ground on principal. Although, I don't think I would have. I hope she reported the drunken with power young man. I's glad you enjoyed the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turned out he was correct but his methods need improvement.
    Arlene had a series ticket to a different league..

    ReplyDelete