Sunday, September 9, 2012

True Confessions

It is time to admit, to anyone interested, that I am not perfect.
What's that? You already knew. Well, boo hoo and wah wah, now my feelings are hurt!
On with the story of my Lost in "Spacey" weekend.
Friday....we're.sitting in St. George Church listening to inspirational words, when Joe mentions that I have my blouse on inside out. All the various tags were in plain sight. I was in panic mode. Luckily, I had a sleeveless blouse under it, so I left the main church and quickly righted the wrong.

Saturday, in the hall at St. James, I entered the bathroom, used it, then noticed urinals. As I left I noticed the MEN sign. Lucky again, No man was near. At least I wasn't dragging toilet paper on my shoe.

On the way home I missed the James Street turn to get on the freeway. I decided to keep going and try to go home on Martin Luther King Jr. Way. Somehow, I missed it and drove to Renton via Rainier Ave. S.
Not a bad way but at least 15 minutes longer. It was interesting though. Every time we reached a light, a man in a nearby car, would jump out and extend his arms as if he were on a crucifix. About the fourth time he did this, people started honking..I just wanted to get away from him.

When I arrived home I pushed the remote to open the garage door. The alarm went off. It rang loud enough to wake up the owls.
I quickly backed out of the garage, closed the door, unlocked the kitchen door, and turned off the alarm.
It probably only lasted a minute but it seemed like forever.

I decided to check out the fig tree to see if I had missed any figs. I  found a few to share with friends, and life was good again.


2 comments:

  1. I snuck in a moment to read this at work last night, and laughed out loud. It was a great lift in a rather grueling evening.

    Thanks for the figs.

    PS. You are perfect. Wearing clothes inside out is not an imperfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy it made you laugh. That was my intention.
    Ah success is so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete