Monday, November 3, 2014

Faure' Requiem

St. James Choir sang  the Requiem last night. I have the music still going around in my head.
It was a fantastic experience.
As Father Ryan gave his homily I couldn't help thinking about family members and friends that have passed away.
The first was cousin Eros who died at age 18. This was years ago. We saw a photo of him laying in  a casket while we were going through a book. Rather disturbing to young eyes.

I remember when my Dad was given 3 weeks to live.  He was sitting in his favorite chair looking
into space. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it. "I don't mind talking about death." I said.

He looked at me as if to say, this is my death, not yours!  His exact words were, " Go home, Marti,
go home!

I felt very sad and stupid. Thinking it over I still feel stupid.

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment