Tuesday, September 8, 2015

You can't win 'em all.

I have been experimenting with recipes, by substituting gluten-free flour. Some have been successful.
Then I tried my popular "Died and went to Heaven" chocolate cake. Well it was interesting. My gluten free daughter tasted a bite and said she didn't care for it. I thought she was just trying to save calories. I then put it in the freezer to take to Treats Day at St. James.  I tasted it again and decided to feed it to the squirrels. It is still sitting on the ground.
When Liz was in High School, she did an experiment to see what squirrels would eat. She tried everything including putting urine on the food. (This was suggested by the scientist). the squirrels  ate everything.
So how do you think I feel about this situation!   As I said in the title, "you can't win "em all."

2 comments:

  1. When Becca was a baby, I made some cookies, and they were very bad. Even the dog wouldn't eat them. We had a professor friend who would eat anything, and frequently dropped in and gobbled up food I had prepared for other people or for another time. Once I had invited several friends over for doughnuts that I was making. He stopped by and started in on the doughnuts. I had to finally stop him before he finished all of them, so that there would be one left for my two friends who were coming specifically for doughnuts. After everyone, including Bobbie the dog had rejected those cookies, we invited him over, and he ate them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a friend like yours.
    Funny story,

    ReplyDelete