Thursday, January 27, 2011

DesMoines Pier

We walked along the pier yesterday in surprisingly calm weather. No breeze whatsoever.
I'm trying to wrap my brain around my new camera. Joe is a good teacher. The problem is that he is also my husband.  I prefer to learn on  my own, through mistakes. Photos can be deleted!
Holding the camera away and trying to see the subject is proving to be difficult especially if the subject is small.
I have several shots of just water, or sky. then there is an accidental video.

I managed to take a few good ones that I will share.  The belted kingfisher is by Joe.
  I've only seen a belted kingfisher a few times so it was fun.

We saw a boat on a semi-truck wrapped and marked Forest Service. A passer-by asked the driver
why a Forest Ranger would need a boat. The driver gave him a story about needing a boat to patrol the Tonga river in Alaska.
  This  may or may not be true but anytime there is a body of water on the Forest Service property,  the Ranger needs to be ready to act if anyone is disobeying the rules. This is not unusual. Forest Rangers also have trucks, snowmobiles,  etc. to do there job.

I think I may have missed my calling!




.

4 comments:

  1. You had great ornithological luck on your walk!
    Fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It only took about 30 shots to get two good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two out of thirty is a good average, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine if it was before the days you could delete. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete