Saturday, June 9, 2012

No Easy Way to say this....

My sister, Gloria died yesterday.
Today, in the choir room, Dr. Savage said, " There is no easy way to say this, but a choir member emeritus Gloria, sister of Martha. died yesterday. The sound of shock and sadness permeated the room. Many  choir members  came to me with words of comfort and kindness. I wish I could transfer all the hugs to her Daughters.
 Many  said they would miss her spirit, sense of humor, and courage.
Gloria will be missed.
Our chaplain wrote his prayer for Gloria which included a portion of" In Paradisum"
"May the angels lead her into paradise......

I truly believe that she is enjoying peace and contentment.


4 comments:

  1. Gloria is singing with an even more fabulous choir now! She will have no trouble keeping her eye on the director!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti, it seems as though I should've heard this story from Mom, you know? Choir stories. She always shared with me any concerns she had for anybody in the choir--any happy or exciting news, too. I'm so glad she had the experience of being in the choir, with access to so many wonderful, gifted people. Her years with the choir were a blessed ending to a life propelled by a devotion to music. I mean, is it possible to make music more inspired and celebratory? So thankful for the times I got to hear you all. Mom said more than a few times something to the effect that when she stood before God she wanted to be sure she'd used her gifts--she wanted to be accountable for them. I wish I'd met more of the choir members at the reception--everybody was so great. xo Portia

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're ever in town and attend 10:00 mass I'll introduce you to the entire choir!

    ReplyDelete