Monday, December 17, 2012

Stormy Weather....Sleepless Night

After laying in bed listening to the wind howling, hearing branches hitting the ground, I decided to get up and get something done.
I don't understand how Joe can sleep through all this but I'm glad...he needs the sleep.

As I'm feeling my way through the darkness, I find the kitchen window, just in time to see lightening.
I decided to head downstairs and work on the Christmas cards..a quiet job.

It is finally light out and I can see there has been some minor damage which will require clean-up but so far nothing major, like a tree across the driveway. Also power is still on, so that's a bonus.

Our friends Chinh, Michelle and Kenny were over for dinner last night, before they happily head for the holidays with family in California. They can't wait to leave and I'm sure this storm adds to their glee.

 Hope everyone  is safe.  When the weather is bad I can't help but think of the homeless.

We are so fortunate to be in a warm home.

3 comments:

  1. We are indeed fortunate, and I am thankful every day.

    I too, often give up on going back to sleep, and so get up, have some tea, and read my book. I am seldom energetic enough to actually go to another room and do something more strenuous than holding up a book. I like these little wee hours times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always moved around rather well in the dark. This morning was the same...As soon as Joe was up and lights were turned on, I bumped my sore toe.

    ReplyDelete