Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After Christmas.....a corny poem by Martha

Tis the day after Christmas
 Our home still a mess
But Christmas was great fun
Very little stress

The food, it was great
but it could've been less
Fed all the no-meaters
the fussy, the quirky
And did it all
 with no need for Tofurky


Family was perfect
Nary a complaint
I'm sure  some day
They will all be called Saints

No praise do I seek 
I am humble and meek 
Just looking forward to
No cooking for a week























7 comments:

  1. Martha, you are a brilliant poetess! My Christmas was a workout too, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our house, too! We have vegetarians, vegans, gluten intolerants, lactose intolerants, and dieters. Makes eating together a challenge! Fortunately everyone loves nuts (except the dieters). Merry Christmas and thanks for the beautiful music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all but gluten intolerants, but maybe they don't know as yet.

    About the music....it was all me! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your corny poem, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. Just after I mentioned we have no gluten intolerants I find out you may have the problem.

    ReplyDelete