Monday, January 13, 2014

Morning Visitor

I know. It's a rodent. We have many squirrel sightings but usually they stay in the woods or at least in the yard. This one sat right in front of the sliding door on the deck and was munching on the maple seeds that fall. It seemed a little chubby and I'm wondering if it is pregnant. It looks like it is too big to crawl through the railing. Very entertaining!
I decided to go downstairs for my camera but never expected it to still be on the deck.


                                         Weight watchers anyone?

7 comments:

  1. The horrid little things! They eat holes in my house and have orgies in my attic. Right over my bed. Give me a sweet rattie with her hairless tail any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from that horrific tale. do you think she is pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably. That is just the sort of thing they do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Along with all other animals including humans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pics. Yes, they are basically tree rats, but I raised a couple 5 years ago and they are the most fun of all the pets I ever have had. Clarify here...they are NOT pets...never can be. But during the raising process I can't think of a better word, they were marvelous fun. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed your reply. Never expect anyone to read my blog.
      We have many tree rats on our property but never want them near the house. We do love watching them chase each other. They are fun and seem quite intelligent. Thanks for the comment

      Delete