Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Time to prepare the table

The weather was mild this afternoon so I decided to work outside for a bit.
As I was cutting off the dry stems I realized that I was preparing the table for the deer who would devour the new shoots as soon as they were beautiful.
The Hellebores are already in beautiful bloom.  The deer don't bother with Hellebores.
Euphorbia is another story. As I cut them back, I realized it would be for naught.
I was only able to fill one wheelbarrow. Maybe next time I'll manage two.
Walking around the yard I spotted flat spaces under the trees that looked inhabited.
I would love to have cameras placed in the yard to see what goes on at night. I'm sure we would see wild life that we don't see during the day. I guess I should respect their privacy.
 


2 comments:

  1. One of the few plants not on the Deer Menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hellebores are beautiful! And various. One usually only sees the whitish ones. Those deer! They are fiends.

    ReplyDelete