Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Memorable Event

Joe and I  attended the Special Needs Mass at St. James this morning.
To me, it is the most inspirational event I ever attend.
Those with special needs are an inspiration, as well as the care-givers.
Dr. Savage is at his best on this day, showing concern for each person who participates in the mass.

At the end of mass a young woman (one of the bell  ringers) was introduced. She had a gift for the Archbishop. After receiving it, he said it was the greatest gift he had  received in his entire life. His sincerity was apparent.
What was the gift?
 She had been in the Special Olympics, and had won a gold medal.  She gave the gold medal to Archbishop Sartain. 

Special person in many ways.



2 comments:

  1. It was indeed a very special and moving event. I hae planned to go in years past, but this was the first year I planned hard enough to actually make it. It was certainly worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second year and I plan to make it an annual event.
    It refreshes the soul.

    ReplyDelete