Saturday, October 30, 2010

Book her, Dano


 One evening in 2002 during a visit with Aunt Blanche there was a loud  pounding on the door. "Who is it? I asked. "It's the police .Open the door." It was kind of scary but I slowly opened the door.
  As soon as he stepped into the house the questions began..
1. Who are you?
2. What are you doing here?
3. Identify the persons in that photo?
Luckily, it was the wedding photograph of Nonna and Nonno Rosa.  If  it had been a photo of Uncle Bud's relatives, I may have been incarcerated.
After a short conversation he was convinced that I was one of Blanche's neices.
Jerry, the not so scary policeman was amazed that Aunt Blanche was 100 years old. He had never had a conversation with a person who lived 100 years. He seemed to enjoy it.
He explained the neighbors had phoned when they saw my truck in the alley.  Apparently they were used to relatives parking in front of the house. I always parked in the alley, but usually visited during the day when neighbors were at work.
 I was very grateful that they cared enough to notice.

Aunt Blanche will be 105 this year. If Jerry came over for a visit these days, and listened to her stories, he would probably arrest my cousin Signe's partner, Mike, who had the nerve (according to Blanchie),  to sit on her red chair!!! How dare he?


This was written in 2005 after a visit with Aunt Blanche. She went on & on about Mike sitting in her special red chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment