Monday, October 11, 2010

"A" for Effort

Had a very good day. I returned two pair of jeans at Costco without receipt..no problem. Then back home to fill another bag for "Blind" pickup.  I managed to get another  filled before the truck arrived.
Then on to baking.
I've been trying out almond meal as a substitute for part of the flour in recipes to lower carbohydrates. So far, I've tried Huckleberry Coffee Cake, Beat & Bake Cocoa Cake  and Sourdough Chocolate Cake. The taste is fine but the texture is not right. All are in the freezer.  Joe can have a little on his birthday next week, the rest, I don't know. The wild huckleberry cake is the best. It  didn't raise as much as it should but at least it doesn't fall apart while being sliced.
Joe has been washing the house to ready it for painting in the spring.
We  cleared all plants away from the house to make room for his platform.  Filled about five wheel barrels. It actually looks better. Not quite so wild, just wild enough.
Taking the rest of the night off.  Think I'll play some solitaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment