Thursday, June 9, 2011

Joe ...The Handyman

Whenever I witness Joe at work I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge he exhibits.

He is painting our house...this includes repairing leaks and building the scaffolds.
He also removed a door in the back of the garage and replaced it with siding. He replaced cedar in the overhang that was rotting away. He tore the concrete out of the window well and lowered it to prevent another flood in the dark room (builders error). I could go on, but you get the idea.

On the other hand, I am bothered by the fact that our kitchen and living room resemble a garage.  Tools, boxes of paint supplies and two screen doors are now included in the decor.   Since this is temporary,  I'll keep my mouth shut and offer up these words in thanksgiving.

Who can take an old house
Remove moss and mildew
Cover it with latex, add a repair job or two
The handyman, the handyman can
The handyman can 'cause he mixes it with love
and makes it all look new!

Photos upon completion of project.  This will take a while.

2 comments:

  1. He is. Even though he is tromping all over some of my plants.Grrrrr. I know it can't be helped and I will have a clear conscience when I replace them!

    ReplyDelete