Saturday, June 4, 2011

Understanding Nature

Yesterday while pruning  a few branches off the wild blue huckleberry bush, I was attacked by several bee/like creatures. The sting was extremely painful and since I am allergic to bees, I hurried into the house to grab a Benadryl.
I wanted to get back to work today but  was a little worried about another attack.  My curiosity took over.  I had to know why I upset them.
With great care I ventured out to the back yard.  Keeping a safe distance I could see bees on the bush (I'll call them bees as I don't really want to get close enough to identify them). This was not enough of a reason to attack.
I kept watching and soon I saw several fly into the birdhouse located next to the bush.
Apparently they have taken up residence in the abandoned bird house.  
 Itch after itch it gets more difficult to forgive their attack.
However, protecting one's family is a good reason, so I guess I understand.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Martha! I hope you are feeling better. I would not be so kind hearted. I would curse at them and swat at them. Maybe I wouldn't swat, as that would just upset them the more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be the season. Joe swatted one that was getting in his face and it landed in the bucket of paint.

    ReplyDelete