Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Grandeur of the Olympic Peninsula

We just loved our time on the Peninsula. We decided to stay at Heart O' the Hills campground the entire time and take day trips. It worked out really well.
Hurricane Ridge is 12 miles from the campground so we drove up there several times, day & evening.
We also drove to Rialto Beach , La Push, Hoh Rain Forest, Marymere Falls on Lake Crescent, Lower Elwha Valley, and Sol Duc Hotsprings.  We did a lot of hiking. The Sol Duc Falls hike was one of our favorites.
We ended our trip with a grand finale....hiking to the top of Hurricane Hill. I was worried that I wouldn't make it but we took our time, rested and enjoyed the people, animals, and scenery.  I took a lot of photos of wild flowers.  I'll share the best later.
We also drove to Port Angeles and Port Townsend..always interesting.

Be back later.  Right now I must take a shower.

2 comments:

  1. Rialto Beach is one of the most beautiful places in the world, I think. So is Hurricane Ridge. One must be wary of those pesky mountain goats, however. I'm looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to get to it tonight.
    The goats are being discouraged by rocks.
    I found out that the man who was killed by a goat (with rabies) was a friend of Meagan's Dad. James gave me the whole scoop yesterday. I wish I'd known before, as people were really upset with a man scaring away the goats.

    ReplyDelete