Friday, August 5, 2011

Heart O' The Hills

A doe and two fawns on the side of the road, romping in the high grass. They must have followed us.
We were relaxing by the fire when I decided to rest my weary leg on the rim of the fire pit. I felt my shoe sticking to the metal.....I can't believe it! I melted my shoe down to the core.







Thursday, we had a wonderful visit from our niece and God-daughter, Claudia, who lives in Port Angeles.
Later that evening we drove up to Hurricane Ridge. It was cloudy and foggy until we reached the top.
While Claudia was visiting us she saw a chip monk in the fire pit (not lit)  licking on the stick from the  fudge
bar Joe threw in there.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! I am envious, and now am inspired to maybe creep out of my little shell and take a trip abroad - i.e., a ferry ride across our local waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go while your legs are strong and beautiful.

    My blog is out of order...Oh well.

    ReplyDelete