Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mount St. Helens





Always an amazing sight to see the new growth of trees and plants since 1980 eruption.
This is the first time I remember seeing all the mountain wildflowers back.
I took a picture of Mount Adams from Windy Ridge, with wildflowers in the foreground. It was very windy so it may be a little blurry but I'm posting it.

We also saw twenty elk basking in the sun. They were quite a distance away (binoculars needed) but I am posting it.
There is a field in Packwood where the elk often graze. It is called herders field. It is across from the gas station. We were getting gas and a bull ran across the busy street. I tried to get a photo but I'm too slow and he was too fast. The day before we were driving through and saw three female elk (cows) but we passed by and enjoyed the view without trying to take a photo.
I thought the tree with cones pointing upward was interesting. It looked like some type of spruce but I'm not sure.
We made it to the top of the Windy ridge Lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment