Monday, December 26, 2011

A Beautiful Experience

Joe and I arrived at St. James about 8:45 P.M. so Joe would find a seat.
  Walking from the parking lot I overheard a couple talking," This is so exciting! Look, there is the TV crew."
It was a great experience and after viewing the mass twice I have decided that all went well. The piece  I was concerned about was powerful, beautiful, inspiring..everything good.
My New Years resolution is to try to be less critical of myself and others, so I only have a few days to let it all out.
As I listened to the recording I was distracted by a second alto who was so enthusiastic that it sounded like a motor was being revved up. But this was only a few times. This particular person is a good musician and adds much to the choir.
When the camera was on me, my eyes looked worried.  I was actually quite happy. Fr.Ryan had the same look ...it must have something to do with age.
Thank God, the camera saved it's close-ups for the lovely young people.
Besides the  beauty of the church, the music, the homily, I was impressed by this comment.
"Love those you find difficult to love".      This may not be the exact quote but you get the idea.
Love those you find difficult to love. Sounds good to me.
Enjoy the season!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it all looked good. I used to watch it with Rachael when she was little, and she would never let me fast forward through the sermon, as that was her favorite part! I got to listen to it twice this year too, but in person both times.

    ReplyDelete