Friday, December 30, 2011

Preparation

I love to prepare things ahead of time but it doesn't always work.  Most of the main dishes are in the freezer, ready to go. Now if I just had 4 or 5 ovens. The kitchen is filled with crock pots, chafing dishes and a wok (Joe insisted) Probably won't use it. May use a roaster downstairs to keep things warm.
Today I'll slice the cheese for the tomato/basil/ appetizer but can't make that ahead. Fruit keeps better if you wash it on serving day so no fruit plate as yet. Relish tray may be one I can do ahead if I wrap it well.

Still have the house to clean. Did the bathrooms...now if we drive over to the park and use the facilities bathrooms may stay clean.
I can bake the filled peppers..they taste better the longer they sit. I can also make a strata ahead and serve it at room temp.
Or I could just keep writing and get nothing done.
Be back next year.

3 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds too fabulous! I sure do wish I could come!

    I would definitely skip the cleaning. Only the first to arrive will notice one way or another, and probably not even they will actually notice. Their eyes will be on the food only. And then on their dear family. And everyone will just make a bigger mess, so it is a useless waste of time. I tell myself this when folks are coming, but it doesn't always help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister,Julie says she doesn't clean until the people leave.

    I wish you could come also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to the feast!

    ReplyDelete