Saturday, July 6, 2013

Love the view!

I seem to see more wildlife from our kitchen window than on our camping trips.
This morning I saw a woodpecker on top of the birdhouse, got my camera, as I'm searching for the bird, I see movement in the bushes...a deer went running across the yard.  There had to be more than one as the movement I saw first was in front of the visible deer.
I also have a view of squirrel sitting on the head of St. Francis...and rabbits. I haven't decided who runs faster...squirrel or rabbit. One squirrel chasing another up a tree is fun to watch and pretty crazy!

Time to continue packing up for our camping trip. Maybe I'll get lucky and see a bear.
Steve and Svetlana had a bear cross the trail in front of them as they hiked to Hurricane Hill.
They also saw a huge marmot (always fun to see).
Steve said when they visited the Lavender Farm Svetlana said, " I'm in heaven!"


2 comments:

  1. I'm rather hoping you don't meet a bear. Especially not a crabby mommie bear. I do hope that you have a wonderful time seeing marmots, pikas, and chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete