Friday, October 4, 2013

Ave Maria..............

Not sure I want to post this.
Just received a phone call from a family whose mom is dying. The daughter is planning the service and asked me to sing for it. She said her mom always wanted Martha to sing Ave Maria at her service.
It is a compliment, but everyone who knows me realizes that I am not crazy about singing Ave Maria. I have done it so many times and I feel there is better music for a funeral service. My voice is much lower than it was when this lovely woman heard it.
The family will call back when she passes, so we'll see what happens. I sang a little bit of each of  the most popular Ave Maria to see which one she wanted. Seemed  rather surreal, but then I have had many of those experiences. You just do something and wonder who this person is doing it.

I'll ask for the Lord's help and I'm sure it will work out.

1 comment:

  1. Go for it! It will make lots of people happy! My father will be happy looking down on you. He sang along with Howard once - not Ave Maria, but O Holy NIght. I was mortified. Joseph was terribly amused.

    ReplyDelete