Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Interesting.....

Have you ever created an accidental recipe that is interesting?
I decided to bake a coffee cake. It is a delicious and easy recipe.  However,
it is not an option to omit an important ingredient.
As is the norm, checked the progress in the oven. Something did not look right.
Hmmm. What could it be? I looked over the recipe and realized I had forgotten to add the sour cream.
By this time the cake had been in the oven for 20 minutes. I figured it would not raise , but decided
to take my chances and add the missing ingredient. So there I was like the village idiot plopping an undetermined amount of sour cream on top of the cake. I stirred it. This of course mixed the almond crumb topping into the main artery.
I have not posted a photo. It looks like raspberry swirl in a bowl of oatmeal.

Joe thinks it tastes yummy. All I can say is, "It is interesting!"

2 comments:

  1. I have taken a cake out of the oven before to add a forgotten ingredient, but not after twenty minutes. It turned out ok.Once I made popovers and when they had been cooking about 20 minutes, I saw the eggs still sitting on the counter. Into the garbage they went. Hard little blobs of dough, they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are make me feel better. It's nice to have company.

    ReplyDelete