Friday, May 23, 2014

It's a Dogs Life!

While I was driving down a busy highway I noticed a truck in front of me with a cage or enclosed pen in the bed of the truck. The door to the enclosure opened and a beautiful German Shepard strolled out. The dog walked around the bed of the truck, then stuck its head out to feel the wind.  All I could think of was the possibility of the dog jumping out of the truck  and getting mauled by oncoming traffic.
Should I honk, get the drivers attention, what, what, what, should I do?

Just as I was about to go into a complete state of panic & helplessness.....the dog opened the door to the enclosure, climbed back in and shut the door.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been frustrating and upsetting! I had a doggie friend who was devastated when her Irish Setter jumped out of her pickup and was killed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, it does happen. I was not acting like a crazy old lady!

    ReplyDelete