Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My missed shot! Grrrr!

Earlier in the week I  got a pretty good shot of a male elk, but really wanted to get photo of a young one.
Driving back from Lamar Valley a family of elk passed right in front of our car.
So close and yet.....
With haste I aimed my camera. I was excited and nervous. Not a good state of mind when trying to aim a camera at fast moving animals. I was very disappointed in myself. I blew a perfect chance.
So much luck is involved when sighting animals. It is not like a zoo. I blew it!

It reminded me of a time many years ago when we were in Yellowstone and a bear came right up to the car.  The kids ducked down in the back seat. I was so nervous I couldn't snap the Polaroid.

The results were the same. No bear....no elk appeared in the photo.

1 comment:

  1. I would have been nervous too. I can envision all those kiddies cowering in the back seat. Quite the huddle.

    ReplyDelete