Friday, March 9, 2012

Random Information

Item #1
One of our volunteer trees  has been de-barked.  I think a deer (buck) used it to remove the velvet from his antlers. I was unable to remember the name of the action so went on line to investigate.
It is called a rub.  Another interesting fact is that one in 20,000 doe may have velvets.  This is news to me.
I would take a photo but it is just a bald tree and not very attractive.
Fall is the usual time for this behavior but I just noticed it.
I just noticed that Costco is now open 8:00 a.m. This happened in November so it is probable that the de-barking happened in the Fall.  I must learn to be more observant!

Item #2
 While shopping at Costco I kept passing a young woman who was walking while knitting. It seemed odd to me, but I am not in the know, when it comes to knitting.  She was very thin, maybe anorexic, and seemed to be compelled to keep moving. She wasn't shopping so it seemed strange. Just in case, I said a prayer for her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your tree! Those pesky deer! What jerks!
    I have knitted as I shopped - or rather didn't shop but was accompanying Becca while she shopped (booooring),so you should say a prayer for me too. I bet that woman wasn't tagging along with an enthusiastic shopper, though, so she needed it more.

    ReplyDelete