Monday, March 19, 2012

THE MADALENES


I have many memories of our trio, mostly good ones. We had  good blend but our arrangements needed to be up-dated. When we sang for the family, Uncle Ernie, a professional jazz pianist told us our sound was good but arrangements not so good. We were insulted and didn't take his advice. We should have asked him to help us, but we were too proud and stupid.
 We had fun going to all the military bases. They didn't care what we sang or how we sang it, they just wanted to look at young women!
At one gig at Catholic Seamen's Club, a sweet young man told me he thought I would sound good singing "Ave Maria". I was rather insulted but years later I sang it at least 500 times, so I guess he was right.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty exciting! I thought this blog was going to be about cookies or Proust. I am glad it's about you. And I am impressed! I wish you didn't have the microphone in front of your face so we could see you better.

    ReplyDelete