Friday, August 17, 2012

Plum Delicious

Our plum tree has been a source of mild debate for a few years. It is a lovely tree but doesn't bear fruit.
It also has roots that are invading the building that Joe uses to store an old truck (vintage) and our motorhome.
Today I was helping Joe outside, near the plum tree and spotted several plums in the high branches.
We were both excited that this tree had decided to bear fruit. But I mentioned the fact that there was no way we could reach them. Then I noticed a plum so close to my eyes that I can't believe I hadn't noticed it.

Long story short. We shared the plum for lunch. It was so good.
The tree stays!

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty exciting. I had a plum tree once that took years to start bearing plums, but once it got going, it was prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ours ever gets prolific, we will share.

    ReplyDelete