Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Task Master and the Apprentice

 Joe and I did a variety of jobs around the house yesterday.
 One of the alarms woke us (beep beep) so that was  first..find the culprit and replace  battery.
Changed lights in kitchen...this involves me climbing to the top of the small step ladder.
I know it doesn't sound like much, but with nothing to hold, it felt as if I were in a circus act.
Next I put two loaves of fresh fig bread in the oven.
This next one is a biggie. I decided to take a gift we were given many years ago out of storage,and
persuade Joe into displaying it outside. We now have a lovely clock and thermometer on display near the porch light so we can read the temperature from inside.
 We are having a family gathering Saturday and I can't wait to see if the gift givers notice
that we actually are enjoying their lovely gift. So far, the temperature is accurate as well as the time
I decided to make a big pot of beans for the party.. I'm sure we won't need it but I just have to contribute.







No comments:

Post a Comment