Friday, February 15, 2013

Exploring My teen Years

Since the letters I wrote to my pen pal Richard are a little repetitious, I've decided to share segments that may be interesting enough to print.

5/11/52

I attend night classes in music at Seattle University and work days at Pike Place Public Market.
My Dad has a delicatessen ( actually it was a stall where we sold eggs, cheese, butter, salami).
I work for Dad along with two sisters. My classes at S.U. are Opera Guild and Acapella
Choir.
This year Opera Guild put on a Musical Comedy called "Girl Crazy". I  don't know if you've heard of it but it played on Broadway starring Ethel Merman. They later made it into  a movie starring Judy Garland.
     In Acapella Choir we are Preparing a Spring Concert which will feature music from "Show Boat", "Carousel" and South Pacific.
    We just completed a radio program to be broadcast this summer. These are some of the reasons why I have been slow in writing to you.
    As you can see from my letter, so far, my main interest in life besides my regular schedule, is music and drama.
     I can't see making out a big list of descriptive adjectives about myself....sometime I'll send a photo.
    No, you didn't mention what you do as an M.P. I would like to know.

    There really isn't much else to say since I don't know what interests we have in common. So, Just write and feel free to ask any questions you like.

                                                                                                As Ever,

                                                                                               Marty

P.S. Here's a little something in case you are curious. I have brown hair and green eyes.
   

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy stories of your youth. So much more varied and interesting than mine, which was very dull. Nice parents, mean nuns, cute dog - that is my story.

    ReplyDelete