Monday, February 25, 2013

Letters not from the Abbey

9-15-52

Dear Rich,
Am sitting out on our lawn trying to get a little sun, write a letter, and take care of  my little green-eyed monster, oops-scuse me, I mean ,brother.
Anyway, if this letter sounds rather confusing and I start calling you Joseph Steven, Jody, or honey, or tell
you I may give you a spanking, you'll know that I"m talking to my brother-oops- scuse me, I mean green eyed monster.
 Am I going steady? Now, that's a leading question. No. I'm not. I just can't see it. Of course, I'll admit I do have my favorites.
   It's a good thing I took off my horn rimmed glasses and abandoned my stack of books while I took those pics.
   Seriously though, I really had a good laugh when I read that. I guess my days as Editor of school paper
are showing. It was intentional. I remember my sister and I laughing over the first letter I wrote to you. It was so formal and unlike me. I was really having fun waiting to see your reaction.
Cagey? After all, you could have turned out to be some typical, maladjusted, frustrated, American boy.

Well, my sister is yelling at me to go make the cake, which( in one of my weaker moments) I promised to bake for her.

     If there is anything in this letter you don't understand, just ask me.

  Yes, I would like photos of you.
   Yes, I would like more jokes.                                                       
                                                                                                  Your Bookworm Friend,
                                                                                                         Marty

3 comments: