Saturday, May 25, 2013

What a difference a year makes....

A sad memory...
A year ago today Liz was diagnosed with breast cancer. She and her family have been though many rough

 times but are doing much better and are thankful for the great medical care.

This morning Father Ryan, Corinna and Maria stopped by on their way to a home blessing in our neighborhood. Joe and I both enjoyed the visit. A happy memory.




We really enjoyed having company. Father Ryan was so relaxed and pleasant. It was fun.
Maria and Corinna are always sweet and rather low key. Would love to have them all back some day
when they have more time.

I had a few dishes prepared just in case they needed lunch.

Father said that  the wonderful Vietnamese family
will be feeding them more than a little food. Yum!


6 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see your treasures! You must never be bored even for a moment with so many interesting things around you. And the treats you made look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun for us. Joe loves to show all his projects.

      I love the woods..the sound of the birds and the animal sightings. We feel very fortunate.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmm! That blueberry whatsit looks yummisima! They were far cleverer than I to successfully find your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blueberry whatsit is much better when you don't have to substitute this for that.I still don't have it down, but I'm getting there.

      Delete
  3. It is confusing. the street sign across from our driveway gives both. main ave S and 102nd Ave. Very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food always looks so beautiful I don't want to eat it (yet somehow I DO!!). Happy June to a beautiful and gracious woman I am deeply blessed to call my mother in law!!!

    Off with WTA to do some trail work on Nat'l Trails Day with Dylan and my dad (3 generations of Grahams -- look out!!!).
    Love to you & Joe-
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete