Friday, May 3, 2013

They came...they sawed....they conquered!

  

  

  

  

  
This is the day it all came about. Thanks so much JMDI. You are great.

The wood ready for winter. There was sawing, splitting, chopping,
pulverizing.......and the best...visiting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  
Tomorrow, James, Meagan, Dylan and Ian will be here to help us organize our wood for the winter.
They will arrive about 1 p.m. as Ian is going out tonight and wants to sleep in. This is fine with me as I still have a lot to do in the house. It is rather dirty.  I spent the day shopping ,cooking, cooking, cooking. Somehow cleaning didn't fit into the scheme of things. I was experimenting with gluten-free pasta to make
pesto salad for Sunday (Liz's weeding party) and Pasta Alfredo for tomorrow. I also made a low carb pasta for those who don't need gluten-free.  The pasta is a little tricky to cook. I tried Quinoa pasta and brown rice pasta. The Quinoa turned our really well if you don't mind the rather add color. The brown rice needs to cook a little longer than stated on directions, unless you don't mind breaking a molar.
I decided to mix the two pastas for the pesto salad and I think it turned out well. At least I like it.
Also made some cheese sauce in case the Alfredo is dry by tomorrow.  James and Liz are both on Gluten-free diets. Joe and I try to keep carbs low.
I also made a kale salad  to bring to Liz. It turned out really well. I'll probably add a few ingredients on Sunday.
The reason we are bringing food is that neither Joe  nor I wish to be part of the weeding brigade. With the size of our place it is not too appealing.  ( OK I'll probably pull a few)

Hope to have some photos from both days.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I need a weeding brigade. I was going to weed today for SURE, but went on an outing with Becca instead. It seemed a lot more appealing. My poor garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigade sounds good. Go for all the outings you can. The weeds will always be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous family! Son James has on the same pants I always wear to choir. They look better on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, he split his pants while working with the splitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food was all delicious OF COURSE! Pasta was soooo tasty, but my fave was the kale salad. We had so much fun working, but next year you need to let us drag the stuff out of the woods, too. Thank you for the post & sharing the pics. I love the one of us all by wood.

    Love you tons!!!!
    JMDI

    ReplyDelete