Saturday, March 15, 2014

Gaelic Dreams by Marietta (MacKenzie Clan)

                                           I don't believe in reincarnation
                                           so how can I explain
                                           the feeling that I come from the
                                           Green hills and glens
                                                of Ireland

                                           Why does the soft sound of the brogue
                                              touch my very soul
                                            and why does a mist over the mountains
                                                     calm my heart
                                             Surely I lived on the moors in another time


                                             On listening to Irish melodies tears flood my eyes
                                                 and I yearn to return to the moist sod of Ireland
                                                  To go home, as it were
    

                                             All of my feelings fill my whole being
                                               And I can't explain them
                                             Could the angels have carried my soul
                                               through the centuries
                                                And it's only now
                                                 I'm feeling my loss
                                    
                                          Would that I could go to Ireland to search the land
                                              for some sign of me.
                                          Perhaps if I stood in the fine mist
                                            And softly murmured a prayer
                                          the spirits of my ancestors would surround me

                                          Then, maybe the beautiful faeries would dance
                                           the leprechauns would release their gold
                                              The angels would sing alleluia
                                            and I would know who I am

                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                           





















2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I often think that it would be great to be Italian, but I have never dreamed about it. I just have longings when I read about Italy in books. Or see movies. Or listen to Italian music. Or visit my Italian friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see a travel program I realize how fortunate I was to be able to visit Italy.
    You must feel that way about your trips to Ireland. Right?

    ReplyDelete