Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fresh Fig Bread

We have a fig tree that giveth a plenty.  When I get tired of pigging out on the oh so delicious figs I chop & freeze. The recipe calls for liquid poured over figs. I use grape juice.
One of the problems with the bread is it is impossible to double the recipe.
 I decided to prepare ingredients for three loaves and mix one at a time. I used the Cuisinart to mix dry ingredients. I mixed each one and put it in separate bowl. Then I put sugar in separate  bowls, eggs oil and vanilla in separate bowls  etc. You get the idea.
Filled pans sat while I did the next. I managed to get all three pans in the oven in less than 5 minutes.

I know this is boring to anyone but me but the good news!  The bread raiseth!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are fast. It takes me an age to mix anything up - even the simplest things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only after preparing the ingredients individually. the only fast part was the final mixing.
      The whole episode took forever!

      Delete