Wednesday, February 18, 2015

MacKenzie Acres is shaping up!

Our field still had metal posts with a string of Christmas lights hanging down, way down. Joe leaves them up until the ground is dry. This prevents a car from driving into the field ,leaving big ruts that  have to be leveled. 
He  decided to mow the field today. We took down the lights and I told him I would finish picking up the branches left by a wind storm. It was really a mess. We had limbs from our trees, neighbors trees etc. After I picked up the branches my legs were telling me to sit down and take a rest. Then I heard this voice say, "Marti, would you please level out the mole holes".  He then began to explain how this was done.
This tired person inside me said,' Shut up! I know how to rake a mole hole!"
I  raked all the mole holes (40 or 50) and was sorry I lost my temper. Joe had gone into the house so I thought he was upset.  I found out that he went in to use the bathroom and hadn't even heard my outburst. What a waste!

He mowed the field and most of the yard and it looks beautiful. Thanks Joe.

I then decided to make some biscotti. I know, I'm a crazy lady.
I double baked some and put three rolls in freezer. I'll do the second baking later.






Our old dump truck captured by nature!




2 comments:

  1. This just depresses me. My garden is such a mess. I can't even bear to walk around it. I need a Joe and a Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now 2017 and I assure you our property is really a mess. The colors of the trees are pretty but huge weeds everywhere!

    ReplyDelete