Saturday, February 14, 2015

Metamucil Mouse Catch and Release

Whenever there are  birds are not  flying to the feeder, I know it must be out of seed. So, off to the garage to get some black sunflower seeds. We keep them in a garbage can with a secure lid, so I was a little surprised when I saw a mouse  in the can. It began to run in circles like it was at a race track.
I closed the lid and began to plan how I would catch the critter
.
Our garage is filled with misc. items that I would love to toss. Among these are two Metamucil containers I gave Joe to use for nails or something. The containers have been sitting unused for several years! Every time I go to the garage I  wonder why I didn't just toss them!  This has a moral.
Joe is not always wrong!

I put on my gloves, grabbed the container and began to chase the mouse around the can. Finally I caught it and quickly closed the lid. I went in the house to tell Joe about my adventure. We agreed I should walk away from the house and free the mouse.

I heard no activity in the container and was afraid the mouse had succumbed due to lack of oxygen.

I  opened the lid, and slowly the mouse crawled out of the container into the woods. I watched it regain its speed and crawl under a patch of ferns. 
Of course I realize it may return to the garage, but for now it is on a camping trip.


2 comments:

  1. Bravo! I love little mousies (as long as they are not in my pantry,) and I hate to see one come to a sad end. Look at those eyes and that nose! Not to speak of perfect ears and darling little hands! How could anyone not love a mouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awfully cute. (outside)

    ReplyDelete