Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Gathering






December 26 was a great day.  No major foul-ups.  I did forget to take the healthy juice, filtered water complete with filtered water ice cubes out of the fridge. Also forgot the fresh shrimp.
A big forgot was a family photo.....maybe next year.

Besides our family, we enjoyed the company of  Nancy and Don (step-parents of John Hilgedick, and our friends Joanna and Rachael.
It was especially fun having Joanna & Rachael . It was like having more family, without the pain of child birth.  They are featured in the top photo.

Summer phoned to see if it was OK to stop by, so several persons who were ready to head home were nice enough to stay. Mike, Joe, Deb & Tricia  and Liz, John & family

Zoe made an interesting comment earlier in the day. She said she hates to open presents in front of people and would rather open them in a dark closet all by herself. It reminded me of how I did not enjoy showers. I appreciated them but didn't enjoy the fuss.



My usual routine  is to make notes of what worked & what could be changed. I'll have to think about that one.

Just had a delicious dinner of leftover rice & beans, green beans, green salad topped with Svetlana's cabbage salad. One advantage of cooking extra food is that I won't cook  for the rest of the week.
About the beans. I always add fennel seed to the pot. It seems to prevent gas.

2 comments:

  1. I just had a delicious dinner of the pasta shells, and a lovely salad (lettuce, feta, olives, tomatoes, and more.) I took it to work to eat, but didn't have time, so ate it when I got home. Super! Thanks again for including us in your wonder celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun for us. We really enjoyed having you with us.
    The leftover shells look a little worn out but we'll probably eat them.

    ReplyDelete